Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Constant in the Wind.

While walking to a park near my apartment I found myself suddenly awakened.  I have always been some what of a Dragon Slayer.  My Sword has always been used to fight for right and truth.  But here and now, I find my self resting.  "How long have I not been in the good fight?"  I ask, remembering the Troubling nights before, treading for air in a choppy sea.  I somewhat miss being at the point of do or drown.  Never knowing if the next wave that goes over your head may be the last.  Being tossed to and fro by the currents, but ever treading, an island off in the distance.  Having that one goal in mind, that one truth that defines me.  Though oft I find myself alone in the dark, following that star, singing the song of redeeming love I feel that the words are lost.  Carried away by the fierce winds that constantly change direction.  Being brushed up against the shelter of my fellow men.  Being changed, by them, into the eerie howling wind of the night.  Something to be feared and full of mystery.  I long ago had charged my self with defending them.  But some how I find my self in a sheltered place.  A gully, to spend the night.  And when I awake to this world of night, I remember my duty, and feel regret that I can not be as constant as the constant of the night.  I suppose even a warrior needs rest between battles.  Rest however if foreign to me, perhaps because I have been on the front line so long.  So out into the wind I go, fighting it's currents.  And perhaps if others see me they will get close enough to hear my song, and join me.  I make the small journey back to my apartment and as the wind blows in my face I find I have a new resolve for my old promise.

2 comments:

Bailee said...

Welcome to the blogging world :)

Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
Python Injection 437-016 Warm Up Regulator